Goals, Mission & Vision h1 >
Goals of the Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium: h2 >
- Enroll a large group of patients with vasculitis into an observational cohort study (where subjects are followed over time and clinical, laboratory and radiological data as well as blood samples specifically for research are collected at regular intervals).
- Conduct clinical trials of promising new drugs for the treatment of vasculitis.
- Establish a patient contact registry.
- Discover new laboratory markers of disease that will lead to better treatment and deeper scientific understanding of the causes of these diseases.
- Develop improved methods for studying vasculitis.
- Work with vasculitis patient support groups to help those patients who wish to be involved in research connect with those doctors conducting the research.
- Help other scientists do more research on vasculitis by providing specimens and clinical data from the VCRC for analysis.
- Train new young investigators in the field of vasculitis.
- Construct and maintain an electronic website resource with significant information for clinicians, researchers, and patients.
The mission of the Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium is to conduct clinical research and clinical trials to learn more about these diseases with the goal of developing new and better treatments to improve the care of patients with vasculitis. We also seek to provide up-to-date information for patients to help them manage their diseases and to assist in connecting patients with support groups, expert doctors, and clinical research opportunities.